Last Updated: January 23, 2019
“Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as your email address, name, shipping and billing address, telephone number, company name, credit card information, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For the purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, (GDPR) the data controller is Volexity, Inc., 11654 Plaza America Dr., Suite 774, Reston, VA 20190-4700.
Types of Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
In general, you may visit the Website without telling us who you are or sharing any Personal Information with us. When you register for an account for the Services (an “Account”), use other aspects of the Services, or communicate with us for customer service or technical support for the Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, organization, email address, postal address, and telephone number. When you open an Account you will be required to create a user name and password that allows access to your Account; this is used to identify you as a registered user. You may decline to provide Personal Information to us, but, if you do so, certain features of the Services may not be available to you or the performance of certain features of the Services may be limited or not work at all. You may also voluntarily provide Personal Information to us through the Website, by phone, by email, or otherwise, which may or may not be associated with your Account.
Information Collected From Devices
When you access the Services using a computer or mobile device, including, without limitation, a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device (each, a “Device”), we may automatically collect information from your Device, such as your Device type and manufacturer, your mobile carrier, your device software version, your IP address, your browser type, your network connection type, information about the webpage that referred you to the Website or that you visited prior to the Website, and your behavior and activity on the Website. Your behavior and activity on the Website may include, but is not limited to, the amount of time you spend using the Services and your login and log out times.
We do not treat this information as Personal Information, except where the information can identify you when associated with other Personal Information we hold or where we are required to do so under applicable law.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Cookies we use in connection with the Services may include the following:
Session Cookies: Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that expire and are automatically erased when you close your browser window. We may use session Cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions that require you to be logged into your Account to perform.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies are Cookies that usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Services. For example, we may use a persistent Cookie to associate you with your Account or to remember your choices for the Services.
In some of our email messages to you, we may use “click-through URLs” linked to content on the Website. We track click-through data to help us understand and analyze interest in topics and use of the Services.
The cookies we use on the Website are for Google Analytics to help us to understand how this site is used and ways that we can improve the user experience. Cookies used by Google Analytics may track things such as time spent on the site and the pages visited. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
How We Use Information
- provide the Services and information you have requested from us and notices related thereto
- verify that you qualify as a registered user of the Website
- analyze, improve, and customize the Services
- provide customer and technical support for the Services
- send you announcements, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information about the Services and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you provided you have given consent if required by law
- enforce or apply our agreements with you or others
- contact you as necessary
- detect, prevent, and investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringement, or other misconduct involving the Website or the Services
- collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with the Services
We may also use the Personal Information we collect in either an identifiable or and anonymized form to:
- administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- improve the Website and to customize the content you see on the Website
- keep the Website safe and secure
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- do internal research on our Website visitors’ interests and behaviors to better understand and serve our members
How We Share Information
- if you request or authorize it
- to complete a transaction or provide a service requested by you
- to our third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting, order fulfillment, infrastructure, network storage, customer service, technical support, and promotional services
- to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations and governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders, and subpoenas
- to protect our rights, property, and safety or the rights, property, and safety of our users and others
- if the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets) or in the event of bankruptcy
Your Choices About Your Information
You may opt not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us as indicated below or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us.
Information You Share Socially
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with mentors, mentees, and other Program participants. We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any information you share publicly or with mentors, mentees, and other Program participants. In addition, the Services may allow you to connect with us and share on third-party websites, applications, and services. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others, as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of Personal Information you choose to make public or share with others. We also do not control the privacy practices of third parties. Please contact those websites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
How We Protect Your Information
We have, and require our third-party service providers to have, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place in our respective computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are reasonably designed to protect information contained within such systems from loss, misuse, and alteration.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information. You also play a role in protecting your Personal Information. Please safeguard your username and password for your Account and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions using your Account login information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security related to the Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide the Services, terminate your Account, and to remove or edit content.
Access to Your Personal Information
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed, or intended to be attractive, to children younger than 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Services or submit any information to us.
Your European Privacy Rights
For individuals within the European Economic Area only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (c) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by Volexity for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.